Holland Selection stands for quality
If the product features the Holland Selection quality mark, you can be certain the company meets the following conditions:
- Management systems in place for quality, the environment and safety, occupational and otherwise. This has been achieved through ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 certification, or comparable management systems.
- Compliance with all current legislation and regulations.
- It pursues a concrete CSR policy and is fully transparent.
Requirements for the packaging of horticultural products
With regard to the quality requirements for horticultural products, the bearer must include the following information on packaging:
- A full and clear description of the product.
- Plant passport: this is proof that the producer complies with the applicable rules and requirements set in Plant Heath Directive (200/29/EC) and that the company is subject to an inspection regime by an inspection body. This is necessary in order to be able to trade products within the European Union.
- A unique code for the retail sector
- Package contents
- A unique code with regard to full transparency (Tracking & Tracing)
- Informative user instructions
- Recommended sell-by date
- Information to allow the consumer to directly approach the Holland Selection Quality Mark Foundation with comments and criticism.